Custom attributes for Elementor free version is a new feature that allows you to add attributes for the HTML container of your choice.
Please consulte the Elementor doc for that.
Pay attention: Custom attributes is disabled if Elementor Pro is installed and active.
why adding attributes to a container
Using ‘ARIA’ attributes: The ARIA standard is a set of attributes that define how to make content and web applications accessible oriented for people with visual impairments equipped with a screen reader.
How to add attributes to a section column container or widget
- Edit the section/column/container or widget
- Select the Advanced tab
- Open the ‘EAC custom attributes’ section
Separate attribute key from the value using character pipe “|”.
Each attribute in a separate line.
Add a download attribute to a button
To cause a file to be immediately downloaded when a user clicks a button :
- copy the url of the file to download from the media library,
- in the editor add a button and paste the URL in the link field,
- click on the ‘gear icon’ options,
- in the ‘Custom Attributes’ field add the ‘Key|Value’ pair ‘download|filename‘ where filename with its extension will be the name of the file after it is uploaded.
The URL of the file to download must be in your domain (CORS).